FHWA TAM Expert Task Group
The FHWA Office of Asset Management has formed the Transportation Asset Management Expert Task Group (TAM ETG) as a forum to discuss changes in the way highway agencies are managing assets. The structure and membership of the TAM ETG were intentionally designed to ensure interaction with key AASHTO and Transportation Research Board committees.
- Outline a framework for financially sustainable infrastructure and service delivery that clarifies connections between asset management, stewardship, risk management, performance management, and long-term financial planning;
- Identify strategies for advancing asset management practice and influencing change within state DOTs and partnering with transportation agencies by addressing gaps in the framework, roles and responsibilities, drivers, tools, and/or workforce skills;
- Provide input to FHWA, AASHTO, and TRB regarding direction, definitions, processes, tools, and templates associated with implementation of state and local transportation asset management plans;
- Develop and implement a plan for communicating the work of the TAM ETG to the transportation community.
FHWA TAM ETG Webinar Series
The TAM ETG sponsors a webinar series for transportation practitioners, designed to provide a practical introduction to topics in asset management. These include: target setting in asset management plans, optimization and cross-asset allocation, network lifecycle analysis, and more. On this page, you can find links to register for upcoming webinars and access slides or recordings from past webinars.
No Events on The List at This Time
No Events on The List at This Time
FHWA TAM ETG Publications
Articles and White Papers
- Developing Human Capital and Organizational Culture to Support Asset Management: A Briefing Paper (TAM ETG)
- FHWA TAM ETG Overview Article
- A Strategic Framework to Support the Implementation of Transportation Asset Management in State Transportation Agencies
- Advancing a New Era of Asset Management
- Defining Cross-Asset Decision Making: A Discussion Paper (TAM ETG)
- Integrating Asset Management Plans into Transportation Agency Processes: A Briefing Paper (TAM ETG)
- Integrating Asset Management Plans into the Transportation Planning Process: A Briefing Paper (TAM ETG)
Videos and Presentations
(other publications coming soon…)
FHWA TAM ETG Membership
The structure and membership of the TAM ETG were intentionally designed to ensure interaction with key AASHTO and Transportation Research Board committees. The TAM ETG is comprised of nine members who are recognized experts in the field of asset management. Membership may include representatives from State transportation agencies, local or regional transportation agencies, and/or academia. In addition, representatives from FHWA, AASHTO, and TRB will serve as liaisons to the TAM ETG. Representatives from private industry may attend meetings of the TAM ETG, but may not be members of the TAM ETG.
|First Name||Last Name||Designation||Member Type||Title||Office||Organization||Address||Phone|
|Brad||Allenfirstname.lastname@example.org||Main Office||New York State Department of Transportation||50 Wolf Rd, Pod 61, Albany, NY, 12232||(518) 457-7305|
|Chris||Eviliaemail@example.com||Executive Director||Waco Metropolitian Planning Organization||PO Box 2570, 300 Austin Ave., Waco, Texas 76702||(254) 750-5666|
|Steve||Gajfirstname.lastname@example.org||System Management and Monitoring Team Leader||Office of the Federal Highway Administrator||Federal Highway Administration||1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Southeast Federal Center Bldg, HI, Washington, DC, 20590||(202) 366-1336|
|Matt||Hardyemail@example.com||Program Director of Planning and Policy||Policy and Management||AASHTO||444 N Capitol St, Suite 249, Washington, DC, 20001||(202) 624-3625|
|DeLania||Hardyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Executive Director||AAMPO||(202) 624-3680|
|Tim||Henkelemail@example.com||Asst Commissioner - Modal Planning and Program Management||Modal Planning and Program Management Division||Minnesota Department of Transportation||395 John Ireland Boulevard, Transportation Building, MS-120, Ro, St. Paul, MN, 55155||(651) 366-4829|
|Moh||Lalifirstname.lastname@example.org||Executive Director||Technical Standards Branch||Alberta Transportation||2nd Floor Twin Atria Building, 4999 - 98 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6B 2X3 Canada||(780) 415-1083|
|Omar||Smadiemail@example.com||Research Scientist||Institute for Transportation||Iowa State University||2711 S. Loop Drive, Suite 4700, Ames, IA 50010-8664||(515) 294-7110|
|Laura||Mesterfirstname.lastname@example.org||Chief Administrative Officer||Michigan Department of Transportation||Van Wagoner Bldg., 425 W. Ottawa, 4th Fl., Lansing, MI, 48913||(517) 241-2674|
|Tom||Palmerlee||TPalmerlee@nas.edu||Associate Director, Technical Activities Division||Data and Information Systems||Transportation Research Board||500 5th Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20001||(202) 334-2907|
|Randy||Parkemail@example.com||Project Development Director||Project Development||Utah Department of Transportation||4501 South 2700 West|
, P.O. Box 148380
, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-8380
|Neil||Pedersenfirstname.lastname@example.org||Executive Director||Transportation Research Board||500 Fifth Street, NW|
, Washington, DC 20001
|Nastaran||Saadatmand||Nastaran.Saadatmand@dot.gov||Asset Management Program Manager, Asset Management Team||Office of Asset Management, Pavement, and Construction (HIAP-1)||Federal Highway Administration||(703) 793-6245|
|Francine||Shaw-Whitson||Francine.Shaw-Whitson@dot.gov||Team Leader, Policy and Guidance Team (HIPM-10)||Office of Transportation Performance Management (HIPM-1)||Federal Highway Administration||(202) 366-8028|
|Mshadoni||Smithemail@example.com||Data Analyst||Office of Safety – Analysis and Evaluation Team||Federal Highway Administration||1200 New Jersey Ave, SE, Suite E73-413, Washington, DC 20590||(202) 366-7105|
FHWA TAM ETG Webinar Series
The first meeting of the TAM ETG was held in March 2012 in Albany, New York. Since then, the ETG has met periodically to provide a forum for discussion of emerging issues in transportation asset management. Where available, meeting minutes from past meetings can be accessed from this page. The TAM ETG meetings are open to the public but registration is required. Please contact Matt Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Participants will have to make their own travel arrangements and hotel reservations.
Upcoming and Recent Meetings
The most recent meeting of the TAM ETG was held on March 30 and 31, 2016 in Dallas, Texas and hosted by Chris Evilia of the Waco MPO.