TRB Webinar: Sustainable, Resilient, and Durable Concrete Pavements
This event occured on 2022-05-26.
This webinar presents efforts for improving the sustainability, resiliency, and longevity of concrete. New environmental and social pressures are encouraging the enhancement of concrete’s durability. Seek to use the new funding available through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act to make efficient and long-lasting upgrades to the highway system.
- Sustainability in new and rehabilitated concrete pavements: Tom Van Dam, NCE
- Climate change impacts and resiliency in new and rehabilitated concrete pavements: Jim Mack, CEMEX
- Example of new concrete pavement construction specifications to meet future needs: Melissa Titherington, Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Best practices for long-life concrete pavements using sustainable concrete materials: Peter Taylor, National Concrete Pavement Technology Center, Institute for Transportation, Iowa State University
- Question and answer session: Dan Gancarz, Illinois Tollway