TAM Webinar 59 – Incorporating Maintenance Cost into a TAMP (NCHRP 23-08)
This event occured on 2022-10-19.
This webinar presents the findings from NCHRP Project 23-08 “A Guide for Incorporating Maintenance Costs into a Transportation Asset Management Plan”, led by Applied Pavement Technologies. The research includes guidance for state DOTs to develop:
- procedures for identifying, collecting, and managing maintenance cost data
- life-cycle techniques and tools for demonstrating the value of maintenance activities
- strategies to include maintenance activities in 10-year investment plans with measured tradeoffs and benefit-cost analyses
- components of a financial plan displaying 10-year anticipated revenues and investments in capital and maintenance costs
Presentations and speakers include:
- Introductions – Anita Bush, Nevada DOT
- An Overview of NCHRP 23-08 Findings and Guidance – Brad Allen, Applied Pavement Technology, Inc. – Rob Zilay, Dye Management Group, Inc.
- Using Maintenance Quality Assurance Data to Support Asset Management – Morgan Musick, Alabama DOT
- The Role of Maintenance in the Life-cycles of Ancillary Assets – Trisha Stefanski, Minnesota DOT
- Maintenance and Ancillary Assets in CDOT’s Asset Management Plan – Toby Manthey, Colorado DOT