TAM Megameeting 2020
The AASHTO Subcommittee on Asset Management, in cooperation with the TRB Asset Management Committee (AJE30), will be organizing a series of joint web-based meetings to help address the needs of TAM practitioners to share and learn more about TAM activities. Emphasis will also be placed on how transportation agencies are responding to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on TAM practices.
AASHTO Subcommittee on Asset Management and TRB Asset Management Committee (AJE30).
Transportation Asset Management Summer 2020 Mega Meeting.
July 13-15, 2020. 11:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern each day.
Register for each session on this page.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, TRB’s 13th National TAM Conference has been postponed until August, 2021.
Use this form for PDH Hours
DescriptionThis session focused on the following:
- How are TAMP Financial Plans investments changing?
- What are the impacts to project portfolios/performance outcomes?
- Anticipating performance target setting changes?
- How has your agency leverage TAM to manage the decline?
- Do you see your TAMP changing?
- How is your agency managing the uncertainty of funding going forward
- 11:00 – 11:10am: Meeting Kick-off and Introductions (Tim Henkel, Matt Haubrich)
- 11:10 – 11:20am: Welcome Remarks (Greg Slater)
- 11:20 – 11:25am: Breakout Session Instructions (Mike Johnson)
- 11:30 – 1:00pm: Breakout Discussion Groups Download the Session 1 video
Download the Session 1 breakout slides
Download the Session 1 poll results
Download the complete Session 1 MegaMeeting Agenda PDF here
- 2:00 – 2:45pm Welcome and Introduction (Breakout Leads)
- 2:45 – 3:15pm Overview of Federal Legislation Related to TAM (Matt Hardy)
- 3:15 – 4:00pm Discussion (everyone)
Download the Session 2 slides
Download the complete Session 2 agenda
- 11:00 – 11:05am: Chairs Welcome (Henkel/Haubrich)
- 11:05 – 11:20am: Update on Asset Management Strategic Plan Project (Hyun-A Park)
- 11:20 – 11:35am: Agency Updates
- FHWA (Gaj)
- FTA (Giorgis)
- AASHTO (Hardy)
- TRB (Randall/Bitner/Zimmerman)
- PIARC (Flintsch)
- INVEST act discussion (Hardy)
- Update on annual TAM Issue Tracking survey (Haubrich)
- Member participation and recruitment discussion (Haubrich/McDonnell)
- Updates from liaisons to other AASTHO committees
- Committee Membership (Henkel)
- TSP update
- Subcommittee and Coordinator Updates
Download the Session 3 slides
Download the complete Session 3 agenda
- 2:00pm – 2:05pm: Welcome and Introductions (Aimee and Tammy)
- 2:05 – 2:25pm: Research Project Overview and Prioritization Process (Matt Hardy)
- 2:25 – 2:30pm: Go to Breakouts
- 2:30 – 3:30pm: Breakout Rooms
- 3:30 – 3:45pm: Break and Return to Main Room
- 3:45 – 4:30pm: Ranking Exercise
- 4:30 – 5:00pm: Introduction of New TAM Research Management
Download the 10 candidate TAM research statements
Download the TAM research prioritization results
Download the complete Session 4 agenda
- Moderator: Neil Pedersen, TRB
- Greg Slater, MD
- Julie Lorenz, KS
- Carlos Braceras, UT
- Leslie Richards, SEPTA
- Paul Wiedefeld, WMATA
- Therese McMillan, Bay Area Metro
This session reviewed state target setting approaches and lessons learned leading up to the mid-performance period progress report. Topics covered included target setting in the face of uncertainty and data gaps, coordinating and collaborating on target setting, and improving forecasting approaches.
Video is available from the brief conference wrap-up session on July 15th. An extended wrap-up session will be held on August 12th.
Download the July 15 conference wrap-up video