Once you are done editing, you may close this tab.
SMET - Acquiring Better Data (Private Sector, Third Party, Fused Datasets)
Please provide a funding amount.
Please provide a research period.
Please provide a brief description of the project.
Literature Search Summary
Please provide a literature summary for the project.
- Seek better data from the private sector and third parties, and fuse this data with DOT data to generate new comparisons and insights.
- Collect and develop datasets for mobility and traffic.
- Explore the availability of new datasets and identify ways to use datasets with DOT data for calibration of QA/QC.
- Compare the scope, availability, reliability, and accuracy of privately available transportation mobility and traffic datasets sold by companies such as INRIX, Teralytics, Streetlight, etc.
- Update and improve data definitions, especially for traffic. (State DOTs often measure traffic in discrete measures like AADT, but people are increasingly using a blend of modes to move from origin to destination, and traffic data should reflect that.)
Urgency and Potential Benefits
Please describe the urgency and potential benefits of the project.
Please provide implementation considerations for the project.
Others Supporting Problem Statement
Please add at least one supporting organization.
Potential Panel Members
Please add at least one potential panel member.
Person Submitting Statement
Please add information about the person submitting the statement.